Credit Reporting Policy
When does this policy apply?
Select Roofing + Guttering provides credit services as part of its business. This Credit Reporting Policy governs the use of your information if you use Select Roofing + Guttering’s credit services.
What kinds of Credit Information does Select Roofing + Guttering collect and hold?
- consumer credit liability information, including consumer accounts you hold (or have held) with Select Roofing + Guttering, the type of account, opening and closing dates of accounts, the maximum approved credit amount, and some specific terms regarding repayment of credit under the account;
- repayment history information for accounts you hold or you have held, including whether you have made repayments on time, whether any payment was overdue, and when the overdue amounts were ultimately paid;
- information requests from a credit reporting body obtained when Select Roofing + Guttering asks the body for provision of credit reporting information about you;
- the type and amount of credit sought by you in credit applications (both with Select Roofing + Guttering in the past and information provided by other credit reporting bodies);
- default information regarding any payment in connection with consumer credit that remains overdue for more than sixty (60) days and which Select Roofing + Guttering can disclose to a credit reporting body if certain requirements under the Privacy Act are met;
- payment information including whether any overdue or default payments have been made;
- information regarding any arrangements you have with Select Roofing + Guttering regarding overdue payments on consumer credit and Select Roofing + Guttering have provided default information to a credit reporting body;
- details of any court proceedings or judgements made against you regarding credit provided to, or applied for, by you;
- personal solvency information recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index regarding your solvency and any bankruptcy or personal insolvency issues;
- publically available information about you that:
- relates to your activities and your credit worthiness in Australia or external territories; and
- is not Court proceedings information about you or information about that is entered or recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index; and
- an opinion by Select Roofing + Guttering that, on reasonable grounds and if applicable, you have committed a serious credit infringement in respect of the consumer credit provided to you, including but not limited to:
- that you were fraudulently obtaining (or attempting to obtain) consumer credit;
- that you are fraudulently evading (or attempting to evade) your consumer credit obligations; or
- that you are no longer intending to comply with you consumer credit obligations as we have not been able to contact you for six (6) months in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How does Select Roofing + Guttering collect Credit Information?
Credit Information can be collected from you directly, from a person acting on your behalf, or from forms associated with ongoing dealings you have with Select Roofing + Guttering.
How does Select Roofing + Guttering deal with Credit Reporting Bodies?
Select Roofing + Guttering may obtain Credit Reporting Information from credit reporting bodies. Credit Reporting Information includes:
- Credit Information relating to your dealings with third party credit providers; and
- credit worthiness information derived from Credit Information from third party credit providers, including credit scores, risk rating and other evaluations.
Select Roofing + Guttering may disclose your Credit Information to credit reporting bodies to be used in credit reporting and credit worthiness assessments provided to other credit providers. Disclosures will only be made to Australian credit reporting bodies.
You have the right to request credit reporting bodies not use or disclose your Credit Reporting Information if you believe that you have been or are likely to be the victim of fraud. You must contact the individual credit reporting bodies directly should this be the case. Please contact Select Roofing + Guttering should you wish to confirm with which credit report bodies Select Roofing + Guttering deals.
How does Select Roofing + Guttering handle your Credit Information?
Select Roofing + Guttering collects, stores, uses and discloses Credit Information and credit eligibility information about you as is reasonably necessary to conduct its business activities and comply with its requirements under the Privacy Act as permitted by law, including:
- assessing credit applications and risks of default;
- administering accounts and products;
- managing and recovering outstanding debts;
- providing information to credit reporting bodies;
- dealing with complaints and proceedings;
- assessing of processes and security;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- making permitted disclosures to satisfy orders from enforcement agencies or the Court; and
- assisting other credit providers in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Select Roofing + Guttering will use your Credit Information in accordance with the rules and restrictions in the Privacy Act and the Credit Code. Select Roofing + Guttering takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information.
How can you access your Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information?
You may access your Credit Information and credit eligibility information by contacting the relevant party at the end of this Credit Reporting Policy.
Upon receiving your request, Select Roofing + Guttering will need to verify your identify before granting access as part of its obligations to keep your information secure. Select Roofing + Guttering will generally provide the requested information within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
If Select Roofing + Guttering is unable to agree to provide your information, we will advise you of the reason(s) for not providing access in writing, together with notification as to whom you can address your concerns about the refusal. Select Roofing + Guttering is not required to provide access to you to the extent that:
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by a Court or by law; or
- providing access would likely prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of the Australian Federal Police, the ACC, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, or other enforcement body.
Select Roofing + Guttering may charge a reasonable administration fee for providing access in accordance with your request, but there is no charge for making the request.
How can you correct your Credit Information or Credit Reporting Information?
Select Roofing + Guttering takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Credit Information and Credit Reporting Information it collects, holds and discloses is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
If you believe that any information Select Roofing + Guttering holds about you is incorrect, you will need to contact Select Roofing + Guttering to lodge a correction request.
If Select Roofing + Guttering is satisfied that your information is out-of-date, it will deal with the correction request within thirty (30) days from when you made the request or such longer period as you may agree.
Select Roofing + Guttering will also contact you if it believes information it holds about you is no longer accurate, up-to-date, is incomplete, or may be misleading. Select Roofing + Guttering will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes it makes to your information.
Select Roofing + Guttering will also notify credit reporting bodies or other parties to which your information has lawfully been disclosed of the changes to your information.
Destruction of Credit Information
Credit Information will be destroyed at the end of the applicable retention period pursuant to sections 20W and 20X of the Privacy Act. Information may also be destroyed if you are a victim of fraud or Select Roofing + Guttering reasonably believes you have provided fraudulent information (section 20Y of the Privacy Act).
Changes to this Credit Reporting Policy
Any updates to this Credit Reporting Policy will be posted on Select Roofing + Guttering’s website and copies can be requested by contacting:
If you believe that Select Roofing + Guttering has failed to meet any of their obligations under this Credit Reporting Policy, Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, or the Credit Code, please contact Select Roofing + Guttering:
Your complaints will be dealt with in accordance with Select Roofing + Guttering’s Internal Dispute Resolution process.
If your complaint remains unresolved, you can refer your complaint to our recognised External Dispute Resolution scheme. Alternatively, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: